#30496  by Shawnturner
 03 Nov 2017 08:57
Hello,

I need a high performance computer with Linux install for a project. As I'm not an expert, I thought that a good way to go is to buy a gaming desktop ready out of the box and install linux (Lubuntu) on it.

I was thinking on the Alienware Aurora gaming Desktop.
However I have seen in some forums people that have problems installing linux on alienwares. I wonder if anybody can advice on what is the way to go or possible alternatives.
 #30529  by qTech
 03 Dec 2017 14:52
if I do not mislead the new computers, there is a new setting thiat differentiates the installation of Linux and Windows. I do not know how to explain more clearly. that UEFI and legacy boot ... and there would still be problems with boot security I think it must be disabled
here most problems arise
 #34195  by TCPLover
 15 May 2020 15:54
Shawnturner wrote:Hello,

I need a high performance computer with Linux install for a project. As I'm not an expert, I thought that a good way to go is to buy a gaming desktop ready out of the box and install linux (Lubuntu) on it.

I was thinking on the Alienware Aurora gaming Desktop.
However I have seen in some forums people that have problems installing linux on alienwares. I wonder if anybody can advice on what is the way to go or possible alternatives.

Linux != High Performance for gaming.
I suggest you to take Windows. Direct 3D >> OpenGL or other Graphical APIs for Linux. (performance).